Slang Term Keeps Coming Up

Over the past two weeks I’ve heard and read where several unrelated people have used the term “full stop” in both conversation and in writing. Is this a thing? Was it a thing and I missed it? I am kind of cut off since I don’t have social media any longer. So it is possible I’m missing certain social movements.

full stop – (fo͝ol ˈstäp) noun BRITISH – another term for period.

Since it is a British thing, it must be cool. 😎